Friday, December 31, 2010

Goal For the New Year

My whole life, I have felt like I wasn't talented.  If you grew up with my sister, you would too.  She was amazing at everything she touched and most of the time I felt like, if I couldn't be amazing right from the start, then there was no reason for me to try at all.

Sometimes when I look at other people's photography I get discouraged.  There are so many amazing photographers out there and I don't feel like I will ever be able to get to that.

But then I see that they have been taking photos and working at it for years and years and decades and decades!  That makes me feel better.  I really hope that someday, I can feel like I really am Talented.

My goal for 2011 is to stop being so hard on myself.  I am going to give myself a break this year.  Work on not being so critical of myself and others.

I have one other goal.  Practice.  Practice is what made all of the people I admire photographically great and so that is what I'm going to do.  For 2011, I'm going to try and take a picture every day.  I'm deciding how I am going to present these to you.  I will have to work on that.

I have a black and white analog class this semester that I'm very excited about.  It starts tomorrow and I can hardly wait!  It is bound to be awesome.  I'm sure 2011 is going to be a great year so thanks for sticking with me so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment