Thursday, August 1, 2013

Found Color Film

Since I found that wonderful random roll of black and white film the other day, I decided to clean out my camera drawer (yes...I have a whole drawer of camera things in my house) and I found a roll of color film that had been used.  At least, I hoped that it had been used since it had been rolled in like it had been used.

Got it developed and that only want that I could identify when it was, was from the pictures of this happy day!

0Katrin-R1-040-18Ab

Ariel's Wedding Day!!
0Katrin-R1-038-17Ab

0Katrin-R1-044-20Ab

0Katrin-R1-046-21Ab

0Katrin-R1-050-23Ab

So the film wasn't as old as the black and white film but STILL, almost a year.
0Katrin-R1-036-16Ab

The rest of these pictures are from my garden.  I never would have been able to figure out how old this film was with just these pictures.  I will often end a roll of film in my backyard.
0Katrin-R1-034-15Ab

0Katrin-R1-024-10Ab

0Katrin-R1-020-8Ab

0Katrin-R1-018-7Ab

And to finish off the roll, a rare self portrait.
0Katrin-R1-010-3Ab

Finding these two rolls of film got me thinking about the time delay difference between digital and film.  With digital, the image is instant.  Right there.  You see how it turned out and you can tweek it on the spot.   Film always requires some kind of a delay.  Sometimes, it is just an hour from ending your shoot and getting the film back.  Sometimes, it is days.  It would be days when I processed it myself in a lab because I would have to wait until I had time to go into the lab.  In these cases, it was measured in months and years.

I'm thinking of picking a day sometime this month, and making a "time capsule" roll of film.  A roll to save for a year.  Wouldn't that be a fun tradition?


No comments:

Post a Comment